Everyone knows that at the heart of any show is the primary female friendship. Where would Lucy be without Ethel, Laverne without Shirley, Carrie without Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha? With the sad news this week that Rashida Jones and Rob Lowe will exit Parks and Recreation mid-way through the NBC comedy’s sixth season begs the question, “What will Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) be without Ann Perkins (Jones)?”
Since the beginning Ann has been the pepper to Leslie’s salt, the cream to her coffee -- and most importantly -- the maple syrup to her waffles.
Here are 14 Reasaons Ann Perkins and Leslie Knope Can't Break Up!
1. Since the beginning Leslie and Ann were the heart and soul of the show.
2. They even make city park equipment look shiny and new.
3. Ann has been the keeper of all of Leslie's relationships.
4. And she inspires Leslie.
5. They even know how to keep their bathroom girl talk REAL.
6. They share waffles together.
7. And coffee.
8. Ann allows Leslie to be herself.
9. No matter how crazy.
10. They look great together.
11. Even when Ann is visiting Leslie in jail.
12. Ann is the McKayla Maroney to Leslie's Rosie the Riveter. And they share popcorn together.
13. A lot.
14. They're the best girl friends ever. You can see it in their eyes.